Your apprentices or trainees have the right to be safe at work, as do all your employees. Depending on the kind of industry you operate in, you may need to take steps such as these:
- Consult with employees to help identify risks and how to best control them.
- Provide info, training or supervision to help your staff do their jobs safely.
- Ensure physical distancing in the workplace and follow Victorian Government density quotient rules.
- Increase regular cleaning and disinfection practices, especially in high-touch areas.
- Provide adequate hygiene facilities or products, such as soap or hand sanitiser.
- Provide appropriate PPE where required, with training on how to use it safely.
- Follow Victorian Government requirements about keeping records of people who attend the workplace.
- Ensure employees know what to do if they feel unwell or think they’ve been infected. You must make sure that unwell employees do not come into work, including employees who are waiting on COVID-19 test results, and those who are confirmed COVID-19 cases.